If you are having these sorts of problem take heart because you are definitely not alone. Lots of people in and around the Logan area have to deal with problems with termites and other pests, and although there are some excellent professionals around who are experienced in dealing with these problems there are also a few things you can do yourself.
DIY Solutions to Termite Pest Control in Logan
- Make sure the soil around your property is kept as dry as possible after construction. You should do this through correct drainage and using the proper grading as well as keeping downspouts and gutters clean and running freely.
- Don’t allow vents to become blocked, particularly with shrubs and other plants.
- Fix any leaks as quickly as possible, and fix them properly.
- Fill in any cracks or holes which could provide access for termites. This includes the cracks found in cement foundations, where utilities go through the wall etc. Use grout, caulk or cement to do this.
- Cut back trees and shrubs so that they don’t touch your property or grow too close to it, particularly any wooden surfaces which are exposed like decking or patio framework.
- Don’t keep piles of firewood or any other wooden debris close to the house. Okay, you might want to have it handy but surely it’s worth walking just a short distance to stock up your log basket and keep your property free from termites.
- Regularly inspect your property for signs of termite infestation. The more established a termite colony gets the more difficult it is to deal with so do make sure you keep an eye out at regular intervals.
Termites can cause thousands if not millions of dollars worth of damage to properties each year so make sure you follow these few tips and your house won’t be the next on the list. Remember that termites don’t wait for a written invitation – they are more than happy to gate crash any party that looks as though it will provide a good environment for them to thrive.
If you do all of this and still suffer with termite pest control in Logan then you’d better get in touch with the professionals quickly. Time really is of the essence with these sorts of pest problems.